Find Out When You Need To Hire a Lawyer after a Motor Vehicle Collision

Did you know that 52% of personal injuries are a result of motor vehicle collisions? This is an alarming rate, but the good thing is if you enlist an excellent lawyer to take care of things after a crash, you are likely to get a settlement from your insurance. Statistics state that at least 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial, which is a considerable saving on your part. With this in mind, exactly when do you need to get an auto collision attorney? As we answer this question, be sure to check with Baird Mandalas Brockstedt in their Dover, Delaware law office for a comprehensive discussion on when it is appropriate to hire an auto collision lawyer.

Instances When Hiring a Car Attorney is Necessary

When you visit the grocery store, you usually get out of the parking lot at a slow speed. Let’s assume that another car is eager to get into the parking spot you just left, and unfortunately, the two of you bump into each other.

There is minimal to no damages done to either of the cars, and the two of you, and your passengers are obviously unharmed. If this happens, just go directly to your insurance company and negotiate a settlement without having to hire a lawyer.

In some cases, however, you will need to take matters a little more seriously and have a lawyer by your side taking care of your interests. If the collision resulted in serious injuries, death of a passenger, or if the accident occurred in a construction zone, hiring Baird Mandalas Brockstedt is in your best interest.

Sometimes you may have an inaccurate police report. You should get a lawyer involved immediately in such an event, especially if the accident blame was put on you, and you are certain it was not your fault. You should also involve a lawyer from Baird Mandalas Brockstedt’s Dover office if your insurer hires one. This will level the playing field,, and you can rest assured you are well represented. If the case involved third parties, you should also hire a lawyer.